Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sad Goodbyes

So the time is nearing for me to move off campus. Most of my room is packed up and ready to go and as I packed everything I couldn't help but cry. No matter how hard or crappy the last 8-9 months have been all I can remember when I look back are the good times. The countless hours in the library with my good buddy Dustin writing essay after essay and studying my guts out. The killer trips into Kaneohe almost every weekend and the sometimes odd bus rides that accompanied them. Mundane trips to Foodland, not because we needed something but because there was absolutely nothing else to do. Classes skipped to go bum around at the beach (actually I only did that once and I felt guilty the whole time haha) Masa's comments that sounded Japanese and everyone's obvious laughter over it. Walking the beach at night, wondering how the heck I was so blessed to be where I am. Waiting an hour or longer for the bus and getting stuck in the rain. Laughing at people's faces as they looked in disgust at the caf food. Ordering pizza every freakin night for 4 nights in a row just cuz my roomie felt like it. Watching innumerable hours of Grey's Anatomy even though there were so many more important things to be done. Getting locked out of the room after getting out of the shower... The last 9 months have been a huge blessing in my life and I wouldn't trade one memory, good or bad, for the world. Aloha 'oe BYU- Hawaii

1 comment:

Tawny Christensen said...

deeeeeeeear kiana. blogging it up! i love you! can't wait to see you soooooooooooooon. enjoy your final days there girl!