Friday, April 10, 2009

Change sucks

So emotions are running crazy right now. I'm kinda freaking out about leaving, I didn't realize I'd miss it this much. Everything is in suitcases and ready to go, except for me. I'm not sure why I'm afraid to leave or why its so emotional but I realized last night that this is somewhat a pivotal moment in my life. Before life had its complicated moments but over all life was simple. I went to school with the same people every day and the school year would end but I always knew I'd go back to school the following year and see the exact same people there. I had my set routine, school, dance, homework, sleep, and I did that everyday. Home was home, it was where I belonged and where I felt most normal but I realized that instead of consistency being the normal and change being the exception, it's flipped around with change being the normal and consistency the exception. Life is changing so much everyday, I'm not going home to the home I always perceived. I'm not going back to high school, to dance, to the same routine I did for years. I'm going home only to move out in another couple of months. After school is marriage and then children and a career... The only consistent thing is change. It's made me appreciate the small things in life that have never changed: family, good friends, my ability to dance, etc. Sometimes I just wish more things remained consistent...

No comments: